Friday, May 18, 2012

Random thoughts & information

I am jogging several times a week after I drop Natalie off at school. By 9am, I'm done with my workout. It's exhausting and invigorating at the same time. The local park is absolutely beautiful. Lexi isn't a big fan of sitting in the stroller, but she's just going to have to deal with it.

I am also shopping at Aldi's. I went for the very first time a couple weeks ago and was stunned at their prices.  I have been getting as much of our groceries there as I can. It's worth the savings. The people there are very nice too, and always chatting with Lexi.

Lexi's eyelashes are so long. Seriously long. Sometimes when she wakes up in the morning or after a nap, part of the ends are crumpled. (she's sleeping on them) I wish I had that problem!

I floss every single day. I also wear a night guard at night b/c apparently I clench (and possibly grind) my teeth at night. I also clench my fists at night too. My hands are often sore in the morning. It took a while to figure it out, my doc even ran a blood test to rule out rheumatoid arthritis. I have no idea why I do this...it's beyond my control. Although during the day, I have no anxiety. None. Hallelujah!

The best thing I ever did for myself was have the sinus surgery last June. It's been almost a year now, and I have never felt better! All my colds (and boy have I had some!) this past winter were a breeze, and none of them turned into an infection. I also didn't have any spring allergy symptoms this year other than itchy eyes.

Natalie's kind heart amazes me each day. Just this morning, Lexi had been fussing while I was driving Natalie to school b/c the sun was in her eyes. I look back and Natalie is holding a blanket up (that she took off of herself) to shield Lexi's eyes from the sun. Natalie says, "Monnie, are we going to turn anytime soon?? I'm trying to save the day here, but my arms are getting tired!" LOL. I love her!

Natalie has had quite a rough week. She had cold symptoms on and off last weekend. By Tuesday morning, she woke up with pink eye in her left eye. To the pediatrician's office we went. Wednesday morning she had fever and severe pain in her right ear. Back to the pediatrician's office, and she had an ear infection. We started her on meds, and by last night the pink eye had spread to her right eye, and then she started breaking out in hives. We are guessing she is having an allergic reaction to the antibiotics. So her doc took her off of those, and she will start something new this afternoon. Hopefully she will catch a break soon!

I just auditioned yesterday afternoon to play keyboard with the church band. Starting in June, I will be playing about once a month for church. Yay! That's in front of a combined group of 1200-1500 people! Eeek! ;)

No comments: