Thursday, October 13, 2011

My husband is melting away.

Mike and I have started p90x. If you are unaware of what p90x is, I will gladly give you a brief explanation. Feel free to quote me on this: It is a brutally intense workout program that lasts for 90 days. Each workout is something different, every day of the week, and each of these workouts is about 55 minutes long. It changes the style/intensity of the workout so you confuse your body to never "plateau." It will whip you up into the best shape of your life. You have to take a fitness test before you start it, just so you know you're fit enough to do it. Mike and I passed this first test. Barely. He did better than I did. I kept thinking "what the heck have I gotten myself into?!"

We are committed to this. We are holding each other accountable, and come hell or high water, we're DOING THIS!

So! How's it going, you ask?

Well, we've just finished day 18. I am sore almost every day, but I like it. I feel good. Not only physically, but mentally/emotionally. Working out daily gives you such a boost of happiness. Who knew right? Workout guru's and medical health professionals have only been telling us this for years.

Mike is losing weight. Quite a bit. Within the first week, I was hearing "I think I've lost a pound every day!"

*side eye to Mike*

I might have lost half a pound at that point. The past few days, I'm hearing "I need a new belt, my pants are sagging." Or, "hey hon, are you going to the mall anytime soon, I really need a belt!" Or, "Sarah, look at this," and he holds his pants away from him in front to reveal how much room he has in them.




















I tramped down the urge to throw something at him, and went to stand on the scale myself.

Damn you scale.

I have lost 1 pound. ONE! *gaze upwards to the heavens* Thankfully, the wise man I married did not come around the corner to ask me how much I have lost.

I did measure my waist again and I have lost 1 inch there. So there's something I guess. But I wanted this fat to melt off I say! I'm working so hard!

I have two thoughts on my slow progress. One: is the classic muscle-weighs-more-than-fat line that everyone tells themselves when they're not losing weight. Two: is that I'm still just eating to much. Highly likely, but I am still nursing, and won't give that up yet. Lexi decides that at this age. I'm certainly not eating any more than usual, in fact, I'm not snacking anymore, and haven't had sweets in a long time. (I almost considered smuggling oreo's in the house today...but didn't) Now I have added hard workouts to my routine, you'd think that alone would make a difference. So we'll see what gives. I'm not stopping my workouts! I'm not!

I'm very proud of Mike. We both working hard, we're doing this together, I just want to see the results he's seeing. So if you see him, pat him on the back. He deserves it. He is doing fantastic! Yeah Mike!

1 comment:

Tate Family said...

that's awesome. wtg, mike! sarah, i totally understand your frustration. seems like we have the same "issues" when it comes to losing weight so slowly.