Friday, September 2, 2011

Why I Don't Co-Sleep

Last time we visited my parents, Lexi was just starting to sleep better at night. Not wanting to mess up a good thing, I let Natalie stay in my bed that night. (Mike was still at home) I can count on one hand how many times Natalie has shared a bed with me in her five years of life.
There's a reason for that.

Exhibit A: I am on my pillow. Natalie is not on hers. She is in the middle of the bed.



























She has some kind of spidey-sense that alerts her as-to when I get in bed. While asleep, she will find her way over to me. Exhibit B: I'm being silly b/c I know I'll show her these pics in the morning.




















Exhibit C: As if the sleeping-in-the-middle-of-the-bed wasn't enough, now she has rolled over ON to me, draping her arm and leg across me, pinning me to the bed. Untangling myself from her will now be a delicate dance of trying not to wake her....KNOWING it'll just happen again and again throughout the night.



























It reminds me of the scene from Uncle Buck where he lets the kids sleep in his bed for the night.

No comments: