Thursday, July 7, 2011

Ugh

No better title for how I'm feeling. This also explains why I'm behind on blogging.

I am 3 weeks post-op today, and have been dealing with an infection from the surgery for the last week. The inflammation has caused everything to close up on one side, so I can't breathe through that nostril. I have been on antibiotics for six days now, and something tells me that this infection isn't responding to them. The office doesn't have the results from the culture back yet. I may have to switch antibiotics, which is fine, I just want to feel better. But at the same time, I'm hoping it's something that's still compatible with breastfeeding.

My ENT says the location of this infection is bizarre, because the sinuses themselves aren't infected. In fact, they are all healed up and look great. This is near one of the incisions to where they repaired my septum. Everything is so swollen, both sides are touching, but thankfully there are no adhesions. That would, in the words of my doctor, "be very, very bad."

So please say a little prayer for me if you wouldn't mind. I would love to be feeling back to normal someday soon. :) 

1 comment:

Kat said...

Good grief woman!! I'm sorry it's so crappy!!! Thinking of you:)