Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Surgery

I will be having sinus surgery on Thursday. Please keep me in your prayers. It shouldn't be anything major, but I will "be under" for approximately 2 hours. They are repairing sinus issues I've dealt with for years. My sinuses don't drain well, and as a result, I get infections EVERY time I get sick. Each one seems worse, and the sinus pressure and headaches accompanied with it are awful. I am looking forward to getting this fixed!! I had a CT scan several weeks ago, and it showed 3 major issues going on. The worst was the narrowing of the sinuses. It also showed a deviated septum and a large polyp (also blocking drainage but thankfully only one) so they will correct those as well.

I am told recovery won't be too bad. The first day or two I plan to take it easy and stay put on the sofa or our bed. After that, I am not allowed to lift anything or do anything strenuous for two weeks. From what I hear, it will be amazing to feel the difference after everything is corrected. I'm looking forward to it...just have to get through the surgery and recovery first!! :)

1 comment:

Kat said...

Thinking of you!