Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Is Anyone Else...

ready for cold and flu season to be DONE with?? We have stayed pretty healthy, although we have lived like hermits. Per doctors orders! Having a newborn in cold/flu season is a little worrisome, to say the least. They have very little immunity, and although coughs and sniffles aren't much to write home about, viruses such as RSV and influenza can be deadly. No, I'm not exaggerating. So we have been abiding by the instructions left to us by her doctors, and don't take her out in public places. Church is the only exception!

So what baffles me is: how did my 2 month old baby girl came down with a sinus infection this week?? Seriously. All I can say is thank God for bulb syringes! After being sneezed and coughed on for the last few days, I now have it too. Oh well! Natalie has cold symptoms as well, which may just be the warm-up to the sinus infection. She seems to be the most miserable with the drippy nose and watery eyes.

Yesterday evening Lexi started producing green goop in her right eye, and by this morning it was in both. I called her pediatrician to get her in first thing, and then poor Natalie woke up with a low-grade fever. Mike walked in the door not but 5 minutes later feeling weak and chilled. He has fever too! This is probably only the third time I have ever seen him ill in the past 8.5 years I have known him.

Now aren't we a pitiful bunch? LOL. I have no idea if we all have the same illness, or different ones. I don't think I care at this point. I have already gone into OCD hand washing and sanitizing mode. I will do whatever it takes to get us healthy again...and try not to hack on them as I do it. :)

No comments: