Sunday, February 6, 2011

Did you hear??

It snowed quite a bit this past week! After looking at the forecast and knowing Mike would be gone working long hours, us girls went to stay with my folks. While we were there, we received RECORD setting snowfall amounts, complete with a blizzard. Wow. I don't ever remember seeing it snow like this. Natalie insisted on playing outside in it. She is wearing my old snow bibs...and I am so glad Mom hung on to them! She stayed nice and toasty. She is not happy I made her slow down and take a picture before going outside:


Seriously Natalie? You really want to go play in that?!


We made it outside before the actual blizzard:


It was hilarious watching her make her way through the deep snow. See that bench on the left? Notice how high the snow is on it...keep that in mind:


Checking out the frozen bird bath:


This was taken after we were back inside, once the wind started. At times, you couldn't even see the trees in the backyard because of the white-out conditions. It was incredible!


Later that evening when it was tapering off, I checked to see how much digging we'd have to do to get our minivan out. Uhh, sorry I looked.


This is SNOW that was up against the garage door:


The next morning after it was all over. See that bench now?? We had over 18", but some areas had 3-4 foot drifts because of the wind:


Here is dad, starting the big dig out:


He used the snow blower, and refused to let me help him. Humph! He still won't share his toys! :) I shoveled the front porch and back deck. Part of that deck had over 30" of snow drifted on it, and OMG my back hurt after tackling that! Kudos for those of you who shoveled an entire driveway (Kat!) without a snow blower!!

2 comments:

Erin and Roger Bell said...

WOW!!!!! That is A LOT of snow!!! The pictures really helped me realize just HOW MUCH snow you guys really got!!! WOW!!!!

Kathleen said...

I have never prayed for a snow blower to just fall out of the sky before, but I sure did that day!!! Love that Natalie was into the snow! Aidan wanted nothing to do with it LOL