Monday, January 17, 2011

Updates

I am almost caught up on blogging. I have a few more pictures to share, but that will have to wait for another day.

Today was my 6 week postpartum checkup which went very well. My doctor is impressed that I've lost all but 7 lbs of my pregnancy weight. My recovery this time has been a snap compared to last time! I have physically felt great the entire time...I was up and walking around shortly after I had Lexi, and never even needed pain medicine.

Lexi's 1 month checkup was 2 weeks ago and she has gained over 2 lbs. Her pediatrician is very pleased. She is filling out very well (we laugh because she already has 3 creases in her thighs alone!) and is now sleeping much better at night. Until this week, she was sleeping about 3-3.5 hour stretches. Now she is sleeping a 5-6 hour stretch and going back to sleep for another 2-3 hours. Thank you GOD!! All this means I can now function at a higher level than just "survival" Ha!! She is also giving out smiles quite regularly which can melt any heart.

Natalie is still doing excellent with Lexi, so loving and affectionate with her. This has been a much easier transition for her than I expected. Lexi is also a very easy baby...just like Natalie was. For those of you who said my second baby would be "hell-on-wheels" you were wrong! LOL! Thankfully so! :) It is still a more difficult transition for me this time around because I can't sleep anytime Lexi sleeps. (I still have to function during the day for Natalie) But Mike has been wonderful and helped me grab extra sleep here and there when desperately needed. He's just the best!

No comments: