Saturday, June 12, 2010

Ugh...

I have been sick this entire week. Eating-chicken-noodle-soup-and-drinking-Gatorade-everyday-sick! Apparently it's a sinus infection, and now that I'm on day 2 of antibiotics, I'm starting to finally feel better. Illnesses are always worse when you can't take any meds.

I had a horrible cold when I was pregnant with Natalie and I can remember sitting in the living room at 3AM crying because I was so miserable. Although this time I didn't cry! Just don't ask Mike if I was pleasant to be around...*ahem*

If you're wondering where I picked up an illness at the beginning of summer, it was at church. I was in the nursery taking care of the little ones, and one little girl had a green, snotty nose. I spent my time trying to keep her happy and wiping that poor little nose of hers, then running to the sink to wash my hands. I thought I was doing quite well on 'germ patrol', but I guess not. I will NEVER understand why parents bring their sick children to church. I wonder how many of the other kids are sick with a sinus infection this week as well. Don't get me wrong, church volunteers LOVE taking care of children. But when they're sick, they're sick! Keep them home and spend the extra time loving on them and getting them better. **stepping off soap box**

No comments: