Saturday, August 29, 2009

Botanical Gardens

Last weekend we got to have a short visit with MawMaw and PawPaw. While they guys napped at home, the girls visited the botanical gardens. The weather was perfect! I had never been, and was really in awe of how beautiful it was. I was even more surprised with how wonderful everything smelled! I had fun taking pictures with my new *amazing* camera, although the pictures don't look as great on here because they've been re-sized. Any type of compression takes the "wow" factor away from pictures.

Entrance into the rose garden:




I believe Natalie was begging for snacks at this point and wouldn't cooperate for a picture. Ha!




This is one of my favorite pictures I took that day:










We were able to feed the koi fish, those monsters! They are huge! Natalie had fun tossing the food over to them and watching them gulp it down.




Here I was, keeping her from going over:




another favorite:


Natalie and I had fun walking back and forth across this little creek...we had to stop and play in the water of course:


beautiful hydrangea!


Posing dragonfly:


MawMaw's turn to keep Natalie out of the water! Natalie had fun getting her hand wet and then making "hand prints" on the concrete:

No comments: