Sunday, May 24, 2009

Maturity

As Natalie and I walked around Target this morning, she didn't surprise me with her usual request to go potty. Really. I mean, that is a required stop on every outing. Not that I would complain about that...it beats diapers and pull ups any day! What DID surprise me was the bathrooms were closed due to a water main break. No place of business had bathrooms in a 2-3 block radius. I don't know what I expected them to do, but a unsympathetic "sorry" just didn't seem right. This is a 3 year old that has to go potty, people! She doesn't just hold it.

Being the smarty pants that I am, I keep a potty chair in the trunk of my car, just in case we ever find ourselves in this kind of situation. Natalie went potty, and I even resisted the urge to fling the potty all over their unsympathetic Target grass. Ah, maturity.

2 comments:

Erin and Roger Bell said...

LOL, love it! :) I SO know the feeling!!!

Honsal Family said...

Lovely! I would so want to dump it on their walkway! Thank goodness for the chair! We always did that with the girls as well!