Friday, September 5, 2008

Skeeter Syndrome

Poor Natalie has inherited my allergic reaction to mosquito bites. We use lots of ice and benadryl/hc cream. It brings new meaning to the word "ice cream" for her.



This just breaks my heart to see her little legs like this. I've gone through this enough to know that it gets very sore, sometimes painful. If you're unlucky enough to get one around a joint (knee, elbow, ankle, etc.) the joint gets very stiff, and the movement only agitates the swelling. (With Natalie, we can't use most bug repellents on her to prevent bites b/c her skin is so sensitive) This is why we don't play outside after 6pm.


Have you ever noticed there are certain people that attract mosquitoes and other people that don't EVER seem to get a bite?? I've known all my life that I attract them, and now apparently Natalie does too. **which just plain stinks for those of us that have Skeeter Syndrome!**

If anyone knows of a bug repellent for sensitive skin, please let me know in the comments section. (SSS doesn't work, her skin will break out) Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just catching up on your blog...the boys and I are the same way. Aiden's legs look like this right now, in fact. I can't wait for the first frost of the season so these buggers go AWAY!! I found Afterbite KIDS for, well...kids! I got it at Target and it works really well for us.

Jenny